Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where Were You September 6, 1969? --Part 1

Sure blog-goofed and started this one on my Road Log yesterday. Two-finger typing is too slow to repeat it, but if you want to see it, go to http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com.

I wrote about what I was doing back then.

Anyway, the songs that were around forty years ago. As usual, Bob Stroud's comments first, then mine in parentheses.

EVERYBODY'S TALKIN'-- NILSSON-- brand new recording included in the soundtrack of "Midnight Cowboy" (On the flipside was "Rainmaker" one of my all-time favorites, right up there with Christie's "Yellow River>' This song was played to death at popular NIU hangout Rick's out by the Lincoln Highway. If I heard it once there, I heard it a hundred times, probably six or seven times a night. Later, Chicago's own Cryan' Shames covered it.)
POLK SALAD ANNIE-- TONY JOE WHITE-- ("Some of you all never been down south too much.")

BOTH SIDES NOW-- JONI MITCHELL-- from the second album by who was regarded as a folk singer back then from an album called "Clouds."
I CAN'T GET NEXT TO YOU-- TEMPTATIONS-- On their way to having one of the biggest recordings of their career. (Give me that good old Motown sound. I don't know what was better, the music or the choreography?)

PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN YOUR HEART-- JACKIE DeSHANNON-- current hit
TIME MACHINE-- GRAND FUNK RAILROAD-- There's this new band out of Michigan and their debut album "On Time" is just a few weeks old at this point in time. Their first single release.

More Memories to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: