Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where Were You September 6, 1969?-- Part 5

EASY TO BE HARD-- THREE DOG NIGHT-- Top Ten. Originally from the "Hair" soundtrack.
RUNNIN' BLUE-- DOORS-- New Doors album "The Soft Parade" Another track from the album. ("Poor Otis dead and gone, left me in this stately home.")

TIRED OF WAITING-- FLOCK-- One of the most innovative bands from Chicago, from their first Columbia album and a cover of the Kinks classic. (Like no Kinks you ever heard. Kind of like Vanilla Fudge meets Ray and the boys.)
BEGINNINGS-- CHICAGO-- Brand new Chicago Transit Authority before they forced to change their name.
I WANT YOU TO KNOW-- NEW COLONY SIX-- Local band that charted more hits in Chicago than any other group. (My favorite 60s Chicago band, followed by Cryan' Shames.)

FOLSOM PRISON BLUES-- JOHNNY CASH--A statue of liberty play and fake punt and play a song from the #1 album. I'll let the artist introduce himself. The number one album was at San Quentin. Don't get me wrong, I like "Sugar, Sugar" as much as the next guy. (Yeah, right Bob. Just couldn't bring himself to play "Sugar, Sugar.")

Sure enjoyed this trip back to the Summer of 1969. Brought back lots of memories. I look forward to next year's Summer of 1970.

Let the Memories Begin. --RoadDog

No comments: