Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Them, Not Me-- Pluggers

A funny Plugger cartoon in today's Montgomery Advertiser.

The caption reads: "A plugger takes his eight-track tape player with him to yard sales so he can test the tapes before he pays his money."

You see the plugger holding a box of 8-tracks, smiling, and saying to his wife, "I got one each by Bobby Goldsboro, Sam & Dave, and two by Johnny Rivers."

I can sure relate to this guy, even though I never really got into 8-tracks. I was more of a cassette guy. I have been known to look at garage sales for cassettes and CDs. And, of course, my favorite electronics store these days is the Salvation Army Thrift Store. At least here I understand the stuff.

I don't know what most of the stuff in Best Buy is anymore.

Bring Back My Cassettes!! --RoadDog

No comments: