Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Where Were You January 24, 1968?-- Part 2

IF I COULD BUILD MY WHOLE WORLD AROUND YOU-- MARVIN GAYE AND TAMMI TERRELL-- (This is where I tuned into the show. What a great pairing!)
ITCHYCOO PARK-- SMALL FACES-- brand new-- (One of my favorite 60s songs. "What did you do there?")

SUSAN-- BUCKINGHAMS-- Chicago's own in the Top Ten-- (But, I think they had moved out to California by this time. Too bad.)
THERE IS-- DELLS-- an intensely soul creation done right here in Chicago by Chicago's own Dells. One of my favorite records from 42 years ago. (A great song that should have charted higher.)

SUMMER RAIN-- JOHNNY RIVERS-- from the West Coast-- (How about that, Johnny doing a non-cover song!!)

SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE-- CREAM-- our first good dose of a trio called Cream. Played the single mix the way we heard it on the radio. (I first heard these guys in North Carolina while hanging out with my friends on summer vacation. I can still remember this group while cruising in Ronnie's car.)
IT'S WONDERFUL-- YOUNG RASCALS-- Here's a song that contains everything except the hooka, but the hooka had to be in there. This is the last single release as the Young Rascals. They would drop the Young for their first new hit of 1968 which would be "It's a Beautiful Morning."

Take Me Back. --RoadDog


Roy says: How many men does it take to open a beer? None, it should already be open when she brings it to you.

No comments: