Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

JSS: Spaghetti-- Lousy Snow-- Olympics-- Mardi Gras

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. SPAGHETTI-- I took advantage of the stay-at-home snowstorm day Tuesday to make spaghetti for the first time ever. People who know me, know that I don't cook anything. But I've been wanting to make some of this for awhile and had purchased what I need.

Sure glad Liz caught me before I put 16 ounces of spaghetti in the hot water. We sure would have had way too much to eat for two people had I done so


2. LOUSY SNOW-- Spent three times (four counting the incident which I will write about tomorrow)out clearing off the snow Tuesday and Wednesday morning clearing off the ten inches of that lousy white stuff. This makes three straight years of hard winters after we'd been spoiled with mild winters dating back to 1979.

Lousy snowmobilers. Hope they're enjoying the snow, I'm sure not. And to think I felt sorry for them.


3. OLYMPICS-- I'll be writing about Canadians in my history blog because of these starting tonight in Vancouver. I usually don't watch Olympics, but always like the opening ceremonies, especially with the nations walking around the track.

Anybody besides me think they have come up with too many made-up events just because they otherwise wouldn't have enough to show?


4. MARDI GRAS-- Found out a special Mardi Gras party is being planned for Donovan's Reef (our favorite hangout) in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, for this Tuesday, Mardi Gras. This will have all the music, food, beads and drinks you associate with the event. We already have a room in the motel out back.

Bon Ton Roulet, Baby. --RoadDog


HEARD IN 1955: It won't be long before $1,000 will only buy a used car.

No comments: