Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Where Were You January 24, 1968?-- Part 1

Bob Stroud Time Warped us back to Jan. 24, 1968 two weeks ago.

That date, I was a junior at Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois. I was on the school paper, the Cutlass as a sportswriter. I had been going steady with Liz since December. We were living at 1148 Anderson drive in Winston Park subdivision where we had moved in 1963.

I was working at the Burger King on Northwest Highway near Hicks (now Photos) for $1.25 an hour and all the Whoppers I could eat.

I missed the first five songs as I overslept. As usual, Bob's always informative remarks are included. Mine are in parentheses.


SPOOKY-- CLASSICS IV--
EXPLOSION IN YOUR SOUL-- SOUL SURVIVORS-- (Didn't they also do "Expressway (To Your Heart))?

DIFFERENT DRUM-- STONE PONEYS-- (Were the Stine Poneys the early Eagles? Only their hairdresser knows for sure. I had a crush on that Linda Ronstadt gal. Was she ever hot or WHAT? And them, that voice!)
GOIN' DOWN-- MONKEES-- (Not familiar with this title. I'll have to give it a listen.)

I WONDER WHAT SHE'S DOING TONIGHT-- BOYCE AND HART-- (Wrote some songs for the Monkees, probably the one before this.)

Going Back 42 Years. --RoadDog

Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you $30?

No comments: