Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Warning: Snowblowers and Twine Don't Mix!!!

I found this out the hard way Tuesday night as I was started clearing off about six inches of snow with the snowblower.

I had just fired the blower up and had made one complete walk down the center of the driveway and was clearing the snow off up by the doors when I saw what appeared to be a snakey looking thing moving rapidly toward the blower. It was hard to see because of the darkness and shadows. (At least that's my excuse).

Almost immediately, the snowblower blade stopped moving. Tried it again and no movement still.


LOUSY TWINE

Brought it into the garage and found a lot of twine all balled up around the blade.

I started pulling at it with my hands but had no success. I had Liz bring me a pair of scissors and managed to get a few strands out, but not many. I was beginning to think I was going to have to take it in for repairs, not a good thing with the snow deep on the ground and still falling. And then, there was the thought that if I did clear the twine out, maybe it wouldn't start at all.

After an hour, I actually got the last strand out. I have never seen anything get so hopelessly entwined in anything as bad as this.

I went inside for a couple hours and then went back out and was very happy when it started and worked!!!

Watch Out for the Twine! --RoadDog


HEARD IN 1955: I'm going to quit smoking as priced are getting too high. Twenty cents a pack is ridiculous!!

No comments: