Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Not Jumping on the Bandwagon, But...-- Part 7-- Hooked

Liz has been following her friend Mike's Facebook accounts of his dream Blackhawk season. He has been a fan since the sixties and is gung-ho about it.

Okay, I looked all over and got the song "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellis and like the whole album. Then, we had to make sure we could watch it in a Missouri bar this past Wednesday. We saw the first two periods at JJ Twiggs and the third and overtime in Road Boaters. At the last place, we were the only two fans, but they all knew who we were.

However, what I did Saturday has to prove that I am hooked (like I need to get interested in something else). After the Route 66 Association of Illinois' Hall of Fame banquet at the Carlinville (Illinois) Best Western Motel on the Mother Road, Liz and I adjourned to the Yacht Club Lounge where a really good karaoke couple were playing the tunes.

I had no intention of singing, being content to drink (and really enjoy my beer since I didn't have to drive anywhere, just stagger back to the room). Unfortunately, liz had talked with the guy and said I would sing. He kept bugging me, so I finally broke down and sang "Get Your Kicks on Route 66."

Later, the spirit hit me and I asked if the karaoke guy had "Chelsea Dagger." He'd never heard of it, but checked and was shocked that he had. So yours truley got up and sang it, knowing all the while that anything beyond what they sang at the Hawks home games was going to be embarrassing. It WAS, but I trooped on for the Mighty Mighty Blackhawks.

I think I took the hook, line and sinker.

Congratulations Chicago Blackhawks!! --RoadDog


I Wonder: And how many of you were humming those last two songs?

No comments: