Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

A 66 We Will Go-- Day 1-- To Radar O'Reilly's Home Town

Drove all the way across Illinois in a steady rain this past Tuesday, stopping in Dekalb for gas at $2.73 a gallon and gyros at Tom and Jerry's "The King of the Gyro" on Lincoln Highway. Great deal with a gyro meal for $5.99.

Then picked up I-88 and paid $3.90 in tolls to Dixon and then on to I-80 west to Iowa City and then south on US-218 to Mt. Pleasant and west on US-34 to Ottumwa, Iowa. Checked into the Stardust Motel, an old mom and pop, and then drove across town to play NTN at the Recovery Room and back to the motel were Benchwarmers also had NTN.

We looked all over, but never did find Mash's favorite little guy, Radar.

Gas in Iowa was $2.54 for regular and, as usual, ten cents cheaper for regular plus. I have never quite figured that out, but hey, it was cheaper than in Illinois, so no complaints from me.

Out and About. --RoadDog


My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She though she was God... and I didn't.

No comments: