Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Top 40 All-Time Country Artists-- Part 1

A few weeks ago, Rick Jackson's nationally syndicated Country Hall of Fame radio show that I listen to on Milwaukee's WMIL 106.1 FM, was devoted to a current list of the all-time Top 40 country artists according to the Billboard charts.

Rick did not exactly explain how it works, but I think you get 40 points for a #1 song and 1 point for a #40 and so forth. Along with the rankings, he would give information and play a selected song by each artist. However, the standings were current as of that week.

I am a BIG country fan and sure enjoyed the show. Here's the list:

#40 DON GIBSON-- I Can't Stop Loving You
#39 TOBY KEITH-- Should've Been a Cowboy
#38 DON WILLIAMS-- Amanda
#37 ELVIS PRESLEY-- Kentucky Rain

#36 PORTER WAGONER-- Satisfied Mind
#35 RED FOLEY-- Chattanooga Shoeshine Boy
#34 MEL TILLIS-- I Ain't Never

#33 TANYA TUCKER-- Texas, When I Die
#32 BROOKS & DUNN-- Neon Moon
#31 BILL ANDERSON-- Still

Love That Old and New Country. --RoadDog


I Wonder: Why do people pay to go up in tall buildings then put money in binoculars to look at the things on the ground?

2 comments:

Empoprises said...

Is Don Williams' "Amanda" the same song that Waylon Jennings recorded (Amanda, light of my life, they should have made you a gentleman's wife)?

RoadDog said...

Same song. If I recall, Don had it first.