Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

40th Anniversary of Summer 1970-- Part 1

Wow, it's really been 40 years since that great summer. June 6th, Uncle Bob Stroud started his now annual summer Time Warps back 40 years previous. This is now the fourth year he has done it after covering the summers of '67, '68 and '69. This is one show I really look forward to every first Sunday of the month.

He'll have another one coming up this Sunday, July 4th from 7 to 10 am streaming on www.wdrv.com. I suggest you give it a listen. He'll also do shows August 1st and September 4th.

I had just completed my freshman year at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb and was working at Burger King in Palatine. Liz and I had sort of broken up during freshman year. My parents were getting ready to sell the house in Winston Park and move to Georgia where my dad had been transferred by his company, Quaker Oats.

WLS and WCFL ruled the airwaves, as they had most of the sixties. Both stations had news, one at five minutes to the hour and the other on the hour. So you turned between 89.9 AM and 1000 AM when the news was on. People were tired of listening to news of the Vietnam War, the war that would NEVER END!!!

Since Bob Will Be Playing Another Segment Sunday, I'd Better Get to Typing. --RoadDog

No comments: