Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rock and Roll Roots Used Car Lot-- Part 3

As I get ready to cruise out to Dixon, Illinois, in my '05 Dodge Dakota, I continue with my "car songs" and don't forget trucks. Unfortunately, the Used Car Lot is recorded on cassette tape and the truck just plays CDs. The 2010 Lincoln Highway Association National Conference starts there today.

I probably should take my 25-year-old Firebird as it still plays cassettes.

THE BACK SEAT OF MY CAR-- PAUL McCARTNEY-- 1971, from one of his best albums, "Ram." I'd never heard of it.
LOW RIDER-- WAR-- (How do you get a better cruisin' song? Always gets folks up dancing.)

HITCHIN' A RIDE-=- VANITY FARE-- a little English pop band from 1970. (I always thought they spelled their last name Fair.)
GASOLINE ALLEY-- ROD STEWART-- from album #2 (Rod the Mod.)

A GALLON OF GAS-- KINKS-- from 1979. Back then you couldn't buy a gallon of gas, now you can buy, you just can't afford it. From the "Low Budget" album. (I've always like the Kinks, but the more I hear them now, the more I like them. Very current song as gas prices around here are again pushing $3 a gallon. The GRB Big Oilies and Hedgie-Wedgies must need more expensive stuff.)
TAKE THE HIGHWAY-- MARSHALL TUCKER BAND-- great jam. (I could have used them not having that long jam in the middle. Other than that, one great song.)

CHEVY VAN-- SAMMY JOHNS-- (After this song, Stroud played the full "See the USA in Your Chevrolet" commercial. I wonder how much of the country you'd see doing that in the back of your Chevrolet?)
VEHICLE-- IDES OF MARCH-- 1970 (Great Chicago horn band.)

MUSTANG SALLY-- WILSON PICKETT--1966, the Wicked Pickett. (One of the great soul singers of all-time.)
JAMES DEAN-- EAGLES-- he met his match in a car. (What does speed do?)

Haven't Seen Anything You Like? I've Got a Few That Just Came in Out on the Back Lot. --RoadDog


No Pun Intended: A scientist working on a large experiment with liquid chemicals fell into the vat and became part of the solution.

No comments: