Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Ten Words or Phrases Derived from Falconry

From the June 9th Listverse.  I'm just listing.  For pictures and more info, go to the site.

These words come from that sport where folks have falcons land on their leathered-up hands.

1.  Fed-up  (I sure am about these gas prices!!)
2.  Hoodwinked  (How I feel about these gas prices.)
3.  Cheperon
4.  Cullow (If it means to cut out, yep, that's what we need to do with these GRB gas folk.)
5.  Booze (The drinking kind?  What these gas prices are driving me to.)
6.  Codger (Hey, that's me!)
7.  Haggard (And, I thought he was a singer.)
8.  Gorge (Something we do at Golden Corral and Chinese buffets.)
9.  Under His Thumb (Didn't the Rolling Stones have a song about this?)
10.  Rouse
11.  With Bated Breath (What we're doing here in Illinois with our pensions.)

I'm Not Sure What Some of Them Are, But, Interesting List Nonetheless.  --RoadDog


FUNNY HEADLINE:  Man Is Fatally Slain.

No comments: