Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

JSS: Keys or Sabbath?-- 66-- Cut the Grass?-- Drought

JSS--  Just Some Stuff.

1.  KEYS OR SABBATH--  Lyn Braemer and newscaster Mary Dixon have been talking a lot about this weekend's Lollapalooza show in Chicago on their morning show on WXRT and are planning to catch some of it.  Not me.  Evidently, fest-goers will have to choose between seeing Black Sabbath and the Black Keys.  Braemer says he would base the decision on whether or not you own a turntable.  That would be a good indicator.

I bought the very first Black Sabbath album back in the early 70s when you had to play it on a turntable.  I listened a lot to the El Camino CD by the Black Keys on my recent North Carolina trip.  I like both groups and I own about seven turntables and seven CD players.  What to do?  Well, I'm not going anyway so guess that's a moot question.


2.  66--  Always a good thing to hear that great old "Get Your Kicks on Route 66" song, which I did on Lyn Braemer's WXRT morning show yesterday at 7:57 AM. It was the Rolling Stones' version.


3.  CUT THE GRASS?--  Believe it or not, I believe the time has come for me to actually cut the yard, well, cut the weeds, which seem unaffected by the #4.  I did have to cut one small strip of the yard last weekend and that was the grass over one of our septic lines which was growing fine.

Well, at least I wasn't having to buy gas for the lawn tractor so the GRBs didn't get more of their beloved money.


4.  DROUGHT--  Just heard that over hald the counties in the whole country are under drought.  Here in Illinois, 98 of the 102 counties are classified as under drought conditions.  I can believe it.  We've greened up a little bit (see #3), but still having the stuff die.

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog


YOU CAN RETIRE TO CALIFORNIA WHERE when someone askes you for directions, you tell them how long it will take them to get there rather than how many miles it is.

No comments: