Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

A 1967 Saturday Morning Flashback-- Part 3

And final entry for the year.  Today, Wendy Rice goes back 25 years ago to 1987 on Saturday Mornung Flashback on WXRT.  Wow, 1987 was 25 years ago!!  Grant High School in Fox Lake, Illinois, is having their Homecoming today and last night, the Class of 82 was having their 30TH REUNION!!!  I was 13 when they were being born.  What does that make me?  Oh well, I'm going to enjoy thinking about these songs back when I was so much younger.

THE BEAT GOES ON--  Sonny and Cher
I'VE BEEN DRINKING--  Rod Stewart
A DAY IN THE LIFE--  Beatles
WILD HONEY--  Beach Boys
SEE EMILY PLAY--  Pink Floyd  I became a Floyd fan early on after this album.  I bought it at Goldblatt's for $3.

THE LETTER--  Box Tops
SWEET HOME CHICAGO-- Magic Sam Blues Band
SOCK IT TO ME--  Mitch Ryder & Detroit Wheels--  If there was ever a better frat rock band, I'd sure like to know.
LOVE ME TWO TIMES--  Doors
I'M WAITING FOR THE MAN--  Velvet Underground

EXPRESSWAY TO YOUR HEART--  Soul Survivors--  A personal favorite.
MORNING DEW--  Grateful Dead
FOXY LADY--  Jimi Hendrix
AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH--  Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
HAPPY JACK--  Who

PUSHING TOO HARD--  Seeds--  Sadly, the lead singer, I think he was Sky Saxon, died the same day as Michael Jackson and his death was largely covered up.
WHITER SHADE OF PALE--  Procul Harum--  "The Big Chill," anybody.

Now I Don't Feel So Old.  (Was that creaking I heard when I just got up?)--  RoadDog


WORD PLAY:  Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

No comments: