Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Them, Not Me: Paid My Collector

Drove over to my bank today and paid the McHenry County, Illinois, Collector.  And I can tell you this, that guy sure does collect something, he collects MY MONEY!!!  As in property taxes.  And, he collects A Lot of my money!!

I wrote out a check for $4,747.51!!  That was bad.  But even worse, that represented only HALF of the tax bill!!!  Wow!!  $9,495.02 in taxes.  The previous year, I paid $8,637.32.  That is the biggest-ever tax increase for me.

And, it had gone up $500 the year before.

And, in that time, I have lost about half the value of the house.  So much for their old, "You're paying more in taxes because the value of your house has gone up."  Apparently, if the value of your house goes up, your taxes go up.  And, if the value of your house goes down, your taxes go up.

Somebody Sure Has a Win-Win Thing Going On.  --RoadDog

No comments: