Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

What's in a Boy Band?-- Part 1

I was looking at the August 5th Parade Magazine which had had a Boy Band Poll and a group called Big Time Rush won the first-ever voting.  I admit that I had never heard of them.  They beat out One Direction which I have heard of (though I can't recall ever hearing one of their songs).

They had a picture of Big Time Rush on the cover.  Four very clean cut young men who would definitely appeal to teenage girls (and now, the Tweens).  These would be the lads who get them to screaming.

I regard a Boy Band as being four to five young guys who will be the heartthrobs of young girls.  Each girl will have a favorite.  They will sing some great, carefully screened songs written by others.  Often, they won't play their own instruments. They will be heavily produced and also have dance routines.

Anyway, they had voting for your all-time favorite Boy Band and you choose from among eight bands.

1.  Beatles
2.  Monkees
3.  The Jackson 5
4.  New Edition
5.  Menudo
6.  New Kids On the Block
7.  *NSYNC
8.  Jonas Brothers

Beatles?

Mmmmnnn.  I Wonder.  --RoadDog

No comments: