Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where Were You September 2, 1972?-- Part 1

Bob Stroud finished up his annual trek back to Summer, 40 years ago this past Sunday.  That would be Labor Day weekend 1972.  He does the show over four parts, the first Sunday of each month starting with June.  To see all the songs, go to the Summer 1972 label below.

I was already back to Dekalb, Illinois, and getting ready to start my senior year which would be all education classes at Northern Illinois University.  I was driving the Ramblin' Wreck, the '63 puke green Rambler station wagon my parents had bought me.  The name was very fitting, even if it wasn't from Tech, well, it was from Georgia.

ALONE AGAIN (NATURALLY)--  GILBERT O'SULLIVAN--  When we last left you a month ago, it was the #1 song.  It had just been knocked off its spot.  (It will be the last song played in the show.)
HONKY CAT--  ELTON JOHN--  Debuting on local (Chicago) charts after "Rocket Man" had fallen off.  Off the very successful Honky Chateau album.  (I remember driving the Ramblin' Wreck to Northern back in the spring to see Elton John play a concert.)

ROCK ME ON THE WATER--  JACKSON BROWNE--  New single from Saturate Before Using.
BLACK AND WHITE--  THREE DOG NIGHT--  On its way to the top of the charts

I Even Set the Alarm to Make Sure I Got Up By 7 AM in Time to Hear It.  Being retired, I Don't Usually Set That Alarm (I Still Remember How, Though).


FUNNY HEADLINE:  Quarter of a Million Chinese Live On Water

No comments: