Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Getting My Music Listen On

Right now, I'm listening to some of my St. Patrick's Day Irish music cassette tapes that I made for those many, many years I deejayed at George's Cedar Inn in Lake Villa, Illinois, for the St. Patrick's Parade.  I'm thinking I played there for about eighteen years.

Also, later today at 10 AM CSDT, Seaver plays ten songs from 1967 on WDRV.  The show is repeated at 10 PM on WDRV, Chicago's Drive.  Sunday, there will be Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots Show, going back to the 60s and 70s.  www.wdrv.com

Tomorrow from 8 to noon CSDT on WXRT, Wendy Rice goes back to 1970.  www.wxrt.com

Right now, I am also listening to Fessa John Hook's  Top 40 from 1963 Beach Songs.  You can also hear this week's Beach Music Top 40 and Roadhouse Blues at his Beach-Shag site.  www.beachshag.com

Here are his 1963 songs from #30 to #21 to give you an idea:

30  YOUR OLD STANDBY--  Mary Wells
HM  I FEEL GOOD ALL OVER--  Drifters
HEM OF HIS GARMENT--  Soul Stirrers
29.  FRANKIE & JOHNNY--  Sam Cooke
28.  BEECHWOOD 4-5789/SOMEDAY SOMEWAY--  Marvelettes

27.  RUBY BABY--  Dion
26.  HEY GIRL--  Freddie Scott
25.  THAT'S HOW HEARTACHES ARE MADE--  Baby Washington
24.  HITCH HIKE--  Marvin Gaye
23.  I'M THE ONE WHO LOVES YOU--  Impressions

22.  BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY--  Four Seasons
HM  TELL HIM I'M NOT HOME--  Chuck Jackson
HM  WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY--  Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
21  I GAVE MY LOVE A CHERRY/ THE HALF MAN--  JIMMY WILLIAMS (Hey, that's the song from "Animal House" but nothing like what they played there.  This one's got soul..)

Well worth giving all three charts a listen.  The 1963 one changes next week.

Sorry.  --RoadDog

No comments: