Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NC Spring 2013 Trip: March 19th

Left home in Illinois at 8:13 AM Central and got to Columbus, Ohio, at 7:45 Eastern.Drove 491.3 miles today and am road weary to say the least.

Took the usual drive, Illinois 47 south from Woodstock, Illinois to Mahomet and then I-74 to Indianapolis and I-70 here.

Ate lunch at the Hen House in Mahomet, something I've been meaning to do.  The Hen House Restaurants are down to just four now, all in Illinois: Springfield, one near St. Louis, this one and one more in Arcola.  I've now been to all but the last one.  I'm pretty sure that Cracker Barrel restaurants based themselves on Hen Houses, just on a bigger scale.

Drove through downtown Indianapolis in early rush hout and no backups.

Of course, stopped at Skyline Chili north of Dayton on I-70 for my chili fix.

Tomorrow, I plan to drive US-33 southeast from Columbus to the hookup with I-77 in West Virginia.

Mighty Tired.  --RoadDog

No comments: