Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 8, 2013

What Were You Doing March 3, 1965?-- Part 3

I don't know about you, but I was listening to a WHOLE lot of radio and even bought some of my first 45s.  Still couldn't afford the $3 for an album.

THIS DIAMOND RING--  Gary Lewis & the Playboys--debut record written by the great Al Kooper.
ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC--  Beatles--  Their take on it  (For a moment there I thought Stroud's show was beginning, since this is one of the songs he plays in the opening montage.)

I'LL BE BACK--  Beatles  (Of course, my all-time favorite Beatle songs were in the pre-Rubber Soul days, back when they were rocking.)
I'M A LOSER--  Beatles--  These last three were from the new album Beatles '65, which we got back on Christmas '64.

TELL HER NO--  Zombies--  Their hit #2.
ALL DAY AND ALL OF THE NIGHT--  Second US hit.
FERRY CROSS THE MERSEY--  Gerry and the Pacemakers--  These last three all from the ongoing British Invasion.  (This one always reminds me of the MYF dance at the Methodist Church in Palatine, Illinois.)

"Life Goes On Day After Day."  --RoadDog


WISDOM OF CHILDREN:  If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.

No comments: