Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What Were You Doing March 3, 1965?-- Part 1

This past Sunday, Bob Stround did Time Warps to March 3rd of 1965 and then jumped ahead to March 3rd of 1975.

March 3, 1965, I was an eighth grader at Winston Park Junior High School in Palatine, Illinois.  And, I was getting some of my best grades ever as I had been moved earlier to the 8-1s, the top class as we were on tracking.  I had always thought they were so smart, so I determined to do my absolute best and maintained myself with them in no trouble.

These were the songs playing on WLS and WCFL this date.

DON'T LET ME BE MISUNDERSTOOD--  Originally done by the great Nina Simone.
NEW YORK'S A LONELY TOWN--  Tradewinds--  their one and only hit

MIDNIGHT SPECIAL--  What with the British Invasion still in full swing, American artists were starting to get their footing again.  This was later the theme song to a TV show in 1973 (featuring the bands and musicians, this being before MTV).
MY GIRL--  Temptations

I GO TO PIECES--  Peter and Gordon--  Del Shannon wrote it.

HEART OF STONE--  Rolling Stones-- "A" Side  Getting bluesy
WHAT A SHAME--  Rolling Stones--  "B" Side

When You're the Only Surfer Boy in Town.  --RoadDog


WISDOM OF CHILDREN:  Stay away from prunes.


No comments: