Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Flags and Parades Today: 4th of July Around Here

Yesterday, I put up my Fourth of July flags, banners and bunting outside.  I even put my Bennington 76 flag up under the eaves of the front porch for the first time in twenty years.  This is getting to be an old flag in itself as I bought it back during the U.S. Bicentennial back in 1976.  So, it is now 38 years old.  Maybe even a museum piece down the road.  "This flag flew proudly at the 200th birthday of the United States, you know."

I have a full-size flag out at the mailbox, an Uncle Sam wind sock, RW&B ribbon on the door and U.S. flag banner in the front yard.  On the deck, I have white Italian lights, blue lights on the Dragon Plant, bunting and a flag.  I have RW&B Italian lights on the gazebo.

In just a bit, I plan to go out boating and then watch the Fox Lake, Illinois, 4th of July parade at 10 AM and go to their festival.  Then, I will drive over to the Spring Grove 4th of July parade and and the festival/

Later this afternoon, we will go back to Horse Fair Park in Spring Grove to see Mr. Myers playing their Caribbean-style music.  We've been following them since in 80s and are big fans.  They started in DeKalb, Illinois.

Then, we go home to watch the Spring Grove fireworks from our front porch.

Celebrating the 4th In Style.  --RoadDog

No comments: