Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Looking Back at the WLS July 3, 1964, Top 40-- Part 1

Since there were so many songs in the top 40 back then that I wasn't sure whether I had heard it before or not, I went to You Tube and was able to find all but one.of the 23 songs.  That You Tube is a great source of music.  Five of the songs were ones that I had heard of before.  And one was so good,"Party Girl"," that I will do some posts on Bernadette Carroll starting tomorrow.

39.  LAZY ELSIE MOLLIE-- Chubby Checker (a limbo knock-off)
38.  HEY HARMONICA MAN--  Stevie Wonder  (Not his best effort)
37.  GOOD TIMES-- Sam Cooke (I've heard it before.  It is a great Beach Music song.)
35.  IF I'M A FOOL--  Bobby Wood  (Shown as "If I'm a Fool (For Loving You)" and is an Elvis Presley song.
34.  BELSHAZAH--  Johnny Cash  (You Tube shows it as "Belshazzar.)

More to Come.  --RoadDog

No comments: