Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Looking Back at the WLS Top 40 for July 3, 1964-- Part 3

Even though the Beatles didn't have any songs in the Top 40, as they'd had since the beginning of the year, the WLS Silver Dollar Survey had the Beatles' Hard Day's Night as one of their featured albums.

These are more songs that I hadn't heard, or thought I hadn't).

I'VE HAD IT--  The Crestones  (Unable to find this one on You Tube, but they had other songs by them that were instrumentals.)
I WANNA LOVE HIM SO BAD--  Jellybeans  (As good of the girl group sound as you'll find and I heard it before.)

HICKORY DIC & DOC--  Bobby Vee  (You Tube had it as "Hickory, Dick and Doc.)
TELL ME WHY--  Bobby Vinton  (Back-to-Back Bobby music.)

I'LL TOUCH A STAR--  Terry Stafford
FATHER SEBASTIAN--  Ramblers

THREE WINDOW COUPE--  The Ripchords
PARTY GIRL--  Bernadette Carroll  (One of the great girl songs.  I'll be writing more about her tomorrow.)

FIRST NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON--  Jack Jones
WHAT HAVE I GOT OF MY OWN--  Trini Lopes (Heard it)

--RoadDog


No comments: