Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

I Made It To Record Store Day-- Part 2: CD and K-Tel Albums


I went to the Vinyl Frontier Record Store in McHenry, Illinois, for Record Store Day this past Saturday.

I bought the Harry Nilsson Anthology CD with two CDs worth of his songs.  Always love the two-fers.  It has all of his Top 100 hits including "Me and My Arrow," "Without You," "Coconut," "Jump Into the Fire" and "Everybody's Talkin'."

Unfortunately, it did not have the song "Rainmaker" which was on the flip side of "Everybody's Talkin'" and was played so often at Rick's in DeKalb, Illinois, back during my freshman year at NIU.

I have a great love for the collection albums, where you really get your money's worth.  I often refer to them as K-Tel albums because of that company that put out so many of this type of album.  I know some record buffs don't like them and, at the mom and pop record stores, they are usually very cheap.

But, Give Me a K-Tel Anytime.  --RoadDog

SOME INTERESTING AND IRONIC PREDICTIONS (From the Wassup magazine):  "We don't like their sound and guitar music is on it's way out."  --Decca Records memo declining to sign the Beatles, 1962.


No comments: