Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 21, 2017

The End of the "Blackhawk Dynasty"?


I remember back in 2015, when the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, their third time since 2010.  Everyone was going around with the word "Dynasty" on their lips.  After they were swept by the Nashville Predators last night, I have to wonder about it.

The Hawks logo, is "One Goal" with a Stanley Cup on it.  For most of these sad four games, I would have been more than happy to settle for just one goal.  Three goals in four games for a #1 seed, just isn't very impressive.

Hopefully the coach will learn the importance of going into the playoffs hot, something the Hawks were not, losing their last four games and going 2-6 in the last eight.  No resting players when you're losing.  Now, they will have five-six months to rest.

Well, one good thing to come of it, I now have a real lot of time freed up.  Those playoff games seem like they go on forever and ever.  I am a Blackhawk fan, but not really a big hockey fan for anyone else.  If a hockey game happens to be on in a bar I'm in, I'll watch it, but otherwise not.

Plus, there is the amount of money I spend for souvenirs when the Hawks win the Cup.

A Big Savings For Me.  --RoadDog

No comments: