Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

It's a Really Big Deal: NIU Beats Nebraska


Saturday was a great day here in our household.  Both Liz and I are huge Northern Illinois football fans (and alumni) and we sure had a HUGE victory over Nebraska!!!  NIU 21  Nebraska 17

I missed the first half of the game while I was at the Civil War re-enactment in Hainesville, Illinois, but I watched it when I got home.  Unbelievable.

The NIU banners are up all over the outside of the house.

Nebraska is one of those Power 5 schools and we are but a little Group of 5 schools.  Plus, Nebraska is now Big 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.

This was a great win.  And, sadly, now that I have been doing some boasting, that is going to be a kiss of death for our football program.  Whenever I write about a team I back winning, they then start losing.

Oh well, I just have to do it.  Sorry 'bout that.

GO HUSKIES!!  --  RoadDog

No comments: