Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Ken Burn's Vietnam War


I have been watching as much of this series on PBS as I can.  Another excellent effort from Mt. Burns.  I am of that era and have found out more about it than I ever knew.

I like how he goes back to the beginning of the French colonization and traces it to the 1960s and American intervention to stop the spread of Communism.  So far, I come away with the idea that Ho Chi Minh was the George Washington of his country and the Viet Cong were the Patriots.

But, he gives the story from all sides: the enemy, the soldiers, the government, the generals, the grunts, the ant-war movement and so on.

I have already been writing about my experience in the war, though I did not fight in Vietnam, i sure came close.

Click on the My Vietnam War Experience to see prior blog posts and I will have more.

--RoadNam


No comments: