Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Pearl Harbor, Kennedy Assassination, Man on the Moon and 9-11

It seems that each generation has their "Where Were You" moment.

For my parents, it was Pearl Harbor.

For my generation it was the Kennedy Assassination and Man on the Moon.

For the next generation it was 9-11.

Of course, anyone old enough will know where they were when the event happened.

Pearl Harbor   I wasn't born yet (1951).

Kennedy Assassination    I was in 7th grade at Winston Park Junior High School in Palatine, Illinois.

Man on the Moon     I was at a friend's house in Goldsboro, North Carolina, where we were visiting family.

9-11    I was teaching school at Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois.




No comments: