Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Music Deaths: Barbara Alston of the Crystals


BARBARA ALSTON, 74

Died February 16, 2018

Founder and lead singer of the Crystals who had big hits with "Uptown" (#13-1962) and "There's No Other (Like My Baby)" (#20-1962)  The group was a part of Phil Spector's "Wall of Sound", but he let Darlene Love and the Blossoms sing the songs "He's a Rebel" and "He's Sure the Boy I Love."

After leaving the Crystals she became an actress and appeared on "Kojak" and "Hill Street Blues."

I did not realize that there actually two Crystals groups.  Well worth going to You Tube and listening to both of Barbara Alston's songs.  I'd never heard them before.

I get these obituaries from the Oldies Music News site.



No comments: