Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 3, 2018

My Picks for Academy Awards


Yesterday, I went to Regal Cinemas in Round Lake Beach, Illinois, and saw the ninth of the nominated movies for Best Picture, "Phantom Thread."  I sure appreciate Regal Cinemas for running the nominated movies as I had seen just four of them.

I also have seen the movies of all five directors, 4 of the 5 Beast Actors, 4 of the 5 Best Actresses, 3 of the 5 Best Supporting Actors and 3 of the Best Supporting Actresses.

My picks:

Best Picture:  "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

Best Director:  Christopher Nolan for "Dunkirk"

Best Actor:  Gary Oldman in "Darkest Hour"

Best Actress:  Frances McDormand in "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

Best Supporting Actor:  Woody Harrelson in "Three Billbords Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

Best Supporting Actress:  Laurie Metcalf  in "Lady Bird."

Well, My Picks, Anyway.  --RoadCritic

No comments: