Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wasn't That UMBC Defeat of Virginia Something?!!


Of all those great games played in the NCAA College Basketball March Madness last weekend, this was the absolute most exciting one.  This was the first time ever that a #16 seed had defeated a #1 and, not just any #1, but the #1 of the #1s.  Wow.

I was watching it in our basement bar, Margaritaville, but not until half time when I saw the score was 21-21.  Something I definitely would have to watch.  Now, I had Virginia picked to go all the way to the national championship, and what a year they had.  I am a big ACC fans and my two favorite big guy schools are North Carolina and Duke, also ACC teams.

But, I was pulling all the way for UMBC.  I eventually figured out the UM stood for University of Maryland.  Wan't sure what the BC was, though.

I just knew that Virginia was going to come back until about three minutes left.  By then, UMBC was piling on the points before winning 74-54!!

I always pull for the little guys, even if they are playing my Big guys.  Earlier this season i was so happy when little Wofford beat Carolina.  It was too bad that UMBC lost on Sunday, though.  But what a story!!

Way to Go University of Maryland Boston County!!  --RoadRetriever

No comments: