Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, October 18, 2019

WLS Top 40 for October 13, 1969-- Part 2: "Holly Holy"


Fifty Years Ago in Chicago.

I was unable to listen to these songs on You Tube this time because of all the problems I've been having with the computer, so will just say whether I remember the song, how high it got on the Billboard Hot 100 national chart and perhaps something Joel Whitburn wrote about the group or song.

35.  SON OF A LOVIN' MAN--   Buchanan Brothers     #61    Their second and last Top 100.  Their big hit was "Medicine Man" (#22-1969).  A Two-Hit Wonder.  I don't remember this song.

34.  LOVE WILL FIND A WAY--    Jackie DeShannon    (D)

33.  YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE--   Brooklyn Bridge     #51    Out of Long Island, New York.    One of seven Top 100s.  My fraternity Delta Sigma Phi at NIU, had a song based on this song  "walk on, Walk on, with Delta Sigma Phi, and you'll never walk alone."

32.  HOLLY HOLY--  Neil Diamond      #6    (D)

31.  TAKE A LETTER MARIA--  R.B. Greaves     #2   Born Ronald Bertram Aloysius Greaves.  Half American Indian.  His biggest hit of 5 songs making the Top 100.

30.  ANY WAY YOU WANT ME--  Eve Sands     #50   "Any Way That You Want Me" by Evie Sands.   I don't remember this song.

29.  THE TRAIN--  1910 Fruitgum Co.    #57    I don't remember this song.   Their last hit.   No more Bubble Gum Music from them.

28.  WHEN I DIE--  Motherlode     #18    A true One Hit Wonder.

27.  DON'T IT MAKE YOU WANNA GO HOME--  Joe South    #41      Born Joe Souter in Atlanta.

26.  JACK & JILL--  Tommy Roe    #53      I don't remember this song.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Last Night As I Got Home About Half Past Ten."   Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Take A Letter Maria"

No comments: