Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Well, I Went to My Local Record Store on Record Store Day Today


I drove to McHenry, Illinois, just a few hours ago and visited my usual mom and pop record store, The Vinyl Frontier.  I always thought that was a great name for a record store.  Quite catchy.

However, this year, the store was not participating.  Evidently there is a $1500 cost involved to be in it, and business has been so bad thanks to you-know-what, they are sitting this one out.

However, I did what I was going to do anyway and that was buy at least one album and five CDs.

***********************************

ALBUM

K-Tel Hit Machine  ($3)  1976  Those old K-Tel and Ronco collection albums were a great way to build up your record collection cheaply.  They usually had at least 20 songs.

Some of the ones on this album:

Shake Your Booty--  K.C. & Sunshine Band
Summer-- War
When Will I be Loved--  Linda Ronstadt
Disco Duck--  Rick Dees

************************************

CDs  The Vinyl Frontier always has a 5 for $20 special.

**Nuggets from Nuggets  Great Garage Rock.

**  The Copulation Compilation  Including "The Rodeo Song" and "The I-95 Song"

**  American Beauty--  Grateful Dead  I loved their studio albums, but hated their shows, but I hate jamming.

**  Some Girls--  Rolling Stones

**  Electric Barnyard--  Kentucky Headhunters

I Did My Part for the Mom and Pop Record Stores.  --RoadDog

PONDER THIS:  The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.  Amen to that!

No comments: