Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

WLS Top Ten for Week of August 17, 1970: "Close to You"


Fifty Years ago in Chicago.

1.  SPILL THE WINE--   Eric Burdon
2.  SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED, I'M YOURS--  Stevie Wonder
3.  MAKE IT WITH YOU--  Bread

4.  WAR--  Edwin Starr
5.  I JUST CAN'T HELP BELIEVING--  B.J. Thomas
6.  CLOSE TO YOU--  Carpenters
7.  IN THE SUMMERTIME--  Mungo Jerry

8.  WHY CAN'T I TOUCH YOU--  Ronnie Dyson
9.  25 OR 6 TO 4--  Chicago
10.  HAND ME DOWN WORLD--  Guess Who

********************************

HPD   DEBUTS

20.  HI-DE-HO--  Blood, Sweat & Tears
25.  I WHO HAVE NOTHING--  Tom Jones

29.  GROOVY SITUATION--  Gene Chandler
30.  OVERTURE FROM TOMMY--  Assembled Multitude

HPD:  (I KNOW) I'M LOSING YOU--  Rare Earth

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Like A Fool, I Went And Stayed Too Long.  Now, I'm Wondering If Your Love's Still Strong."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours"

No comments: