Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 23, 2023

So Sorry to Hear About Death of WXRT's Lin Brehmer

Yesterday while doing these blogs I came across notice of the death of one of my favorite disc jockeys, Lin Brehmer on Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM.  I listened to him mornings until he shifted to midday.  Like he liked to say, "Your Best Friend in the Whole World."

He  had left the airways back in this past July because of cancer treatments and had a strong desire to get back on the air.

Listening to his show was like sitting with a good friend and talking music and especially his beloved Chicago Cubs (but, I didn't hold that against him).  And, how in the world did he come up with what he said on his Lin's Bin bits.  For any of you unjfamiliar with Lin's Bits, it was a lot like listening to that deejay on "Northern Exposure" only with bits of songs and lines from movies.

This past year has been rough on me as along with Lin Brehmer (always hard to spell his name), I lost two other of my favorite disc jockeys in Chicago:  Bob Stroud on WDRV and Terri Hemmert on WXRT.  But, though they are not on regularly, their signature shows are.  With Bob that would be Rock and Roll Roots, Ten at Ten and One 45 at 1:45.  Terri Hemmert has Breakfast With the Beatles.  Those shows still are on, so it is not like they are entirely gone.

Today, WXRT is going to salute the life of Lin Brehmer starting at 10 am, CDT.  It streams, so I will definitely be giving it a listen.

--RoadDog


No comments: