Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

WXRT's and Chicago's Lin Brehmer: 'Your Best Friend in the Whole World'

I've always had a hard time spelling his name in my blogs and journal. If I heard him say "Your best friend in the whole world" once, I hear him say it a thousand times.

Yesterday, WXRT had a lengthy show on Lin Brehmer and all the local news channels had bits on him.  He even had his name, birth year and death year on that iconic scorebeoard outside Wrigley Field, home of Lin's beloved Cubs.

I wonder if he gets cremated, will they spread his ashes around the field?

Lin Brehmer was a Queens, New York native and Colgate University graduate.  He started his radio  career at a station on Albany, Nerw York, before joining WXRT as a music director in 1984.  He left the station in 1990 for a one-year stint as music director at KTCZ- FM in Minneapolis before returning to host mornings at WXRT -- a position he held for nearly thirty years.

In 2020, he shifted to the mid-morning slot when Terri Hemmert retired.

I used to listen to him every morning after I retired in 2006.

Sure Going to Miss Him.  Our Best Friend in the Whole World.  --RoadDog


No comments: