Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 15, 2023

The Day of the 'Smart RoadDog' Arrives... with a Whimper

THURSDAY, JANUARY 5

Met the Magee teachers at the Bristol 45 Diner in Bristol, Wisconsin.  I had found a list of Magee principals and administration from 1983 to 2001 and we had a quiz, Name That Administrator.  This could be a new show on the Game Network.  We sure had a lot of them.  Maxine was principal's secretary for most of that time.

Sorry to say that Big Oil's gas gouge is back.  Gas in Illinois is up to $3.10 to $3.40 since a week ago.  Gas in Wisconsin also went up and was $3.06 to $3.10.  By the way, when I say $3.10, that is actually $3.99.9.

Did some shopping at Wal-Mart and Menard's in Antioch.  Met Kevin and Kelly at Half-Times in Johnsburg, Illinois, for the half price pizza and those $1 pints of Lite.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 6

The big question this morning was, "Is this to be the day of the Smart RoadDog?"  Would I get the phone working, or, actually, would Kelly get the smart phone working.  This was way beyond my meager technological ability.  And, it challenged Kelly because switching from a flip phone to a smart one involved difficult steps and especially when the old flip AT&T account was in Liz's name and she had a secret password, which of course I didn't know.

I eventually had to drive over to the AT&T place in McHenry with her death certificate and they gave me a temporary code so I could switch over to Consumer Cellular.    After that, switching over was easy at Kelly's house and now "I are Smart."  Well, let's say I am in, but have no idea what to do.  This will take a lot of time.

Smart Ol' Me.  --RoadDog


No comments: