Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 23, 2007

McHenry's Fiesta Days- Saturday: Lotsa Beer, Food and People


SATURDAY- We went over to McHenry's Fiesta Days and checked out the Art in the Park at Veteran's Memorial Park. There were lots of crafters with interesting stuff, but I'm happy to report, none got richer because of me. Walked back to Riverside Drive which was wall-to-wall people, many of whom had been enjoying the $1 for 14 oz. draft beers since 10 AM (and this was about 3 PM). It was almost like human pinball to get through.There was a band playing as well. People were in a good mood.

We don't call this Saturday of Fiesta Days Art in the Park as they do.  We call it Drunk in the Park, though the "drunk" is primarily on Riverside Drive.

It was WAY too crowded for me, plus you had to get a wristband and wait in long lines to get a drink, so I was out of there. (I usually will not get a wristband as I feel I'm obviously a little over 21 years of age, perhaps 24 or 25. Plus, I avoid lines anytime I can. Young people today tend to believe something is not worth their time unless they stand in line, but not me.)

Went over to Green Street, which was also blocked off and with far fewer folks meandering about. Much more pleasant. I had a great burrito from a Mexican place for $3. This thing was huge. I also checked out the Gambler and watched part of the Cubs game. Cub fans have been crawling out of the woodwork now that the team has been playing so well.

Next, I met Liz and Kora at a new place called Bambino's. It has only been open a week and had $1 16 ounce beers and $2 pizza slices. It used to be a popular Chinese restaurant called China Light and is located right on Illinois Highway 120. They have great pizza, so we'll get back there again.

Watched Barry Bonds go 0-4 in his quest to surpass Hank Aaron. Actually, everytime he came up to bat, Fox Sports switched from the Sox game to show it. It will be too bad when we passes Hammerin' Hank because of his steroid use.

Came home and enjoyed the deck.

Next Time, I Think I'll Skip Riverside Drive. --RoadDog

No comments: