Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 6, 2007

Off to See Heartsfield


Heartsfield, one of my favorite country rock bands of the 70s are back together, and I'm leaving in an hour to go see them at the Round Lake Beach Fest. I have never seen them before, but really liked them on the FM radio back then. I thought I had at least two of their 70s efforts in my record library, and I had four: Heartsfield, The Wonder of It All, Foolish Pleasures, and Collector's Item. They were on major labels for those: Mercury and Columbia.

Perry Jordan and JC Hartsfield formed the band in 1972. They were a couple of southern boys living in the Midwest and avid fans of the country-rock genre. They broke up in 1986 and reformed in 2000. Only Perry Jordan remains of the original group.

Counting the first run, they claim to have performed for millions of people and have released 9 albums, one of the more recent ones a live performance from the House of Blues in St. Louis.

They also will be playing Sunday at the Arlington Heights Frontier Days.

Their website: www.heartsfield.com

Some of my favorite songs by then, and, as far as I'm concerned, their self-titled debut album is a greatest hits compilation: I'm Coming Home, Hushabye, Music Eyes, Understandin' Woman, and the great The Only Time I'm Sober is When You're Gone (talk about your great country titles!!!). You can hear some of their songs on the website.

I'm Coming Home to Some Great Country Rock. RoadDog

No comments: