Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Academy AwardsTonight

I did better this year than last. I actually saw one of the best picture nominees, Curious Case of Benjamin Button." Last year, I hadn't seen one of them.

I have since seen "Slumdog Millionaire." Both of these are really fine movies. Last year, I saw all five nominees and all of them were excellent.

I don't know why, but thye theaters around here just don't carry these kinds of movies. Too bad, because they are really good ones. I guess they just don't consider these to be money-makers with the general public.

Brad Pitt in "Benjamin Button" was the only one of the best actor nominess, and I saw three of supporting actors: Robert Downey, Jr in "Tropic Thunder," Heath Ledger in "Dark Knight," and Michael Shannon in "Revolutionary Road>''

Best actress just Angeline Jolie in "The Changeling," and Taraji P. Henson in "Benjamin Button."

Overall, of the movies nominated for any Oscar, I saw:

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Slumdog Millionaire
Tropic Thunder
The Dark Knight
Revolutionary Road
Changeling
Wall-E
Australia
Hellboy II: The Golden Arm
Ironman

Pulling for
Benjamin Button" Best Picture
Brad Pitt-- Best Actor
Heath Ledger-- Best Supporting Actor
Angeline Jolie-- Best Actress
Taraji P. Henson-- Best Supporting Actress

We'll see. I probably will just record the show and watch it later. I find I can cut any awards show down to about an hour if I do this as I can cut out the parts I don't care to see.

I've Become a Real Movie Hound. --RoadDog

No comments: