Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 20, 2009

No More Lakehurst

Today, I took advantage of the weather before we are scheduled to get socked with 6-8inches and drove to Waukegan, Illinois to play NTN-Buzztime at the new Buffalo Wild Wings. It is located by Illinois Hwy-120 and US Highway-41 and it seemed familiar.

I asked the bartender if this was where Lakehurst had been, and he said it was, but that was before his time. Thanks, guy, I needed that. Lakehurst was the place to go back in the seventies and eighties and I went there often when I went to the Consumer Co-op in Waukegan and when I deejayed at Toby's in North Chicago. But, I hadn't been there in years.

The opening of Gurnee Mills, about five miles away spelled the end for the mall. There is nothing left of it that I can discern.

That is the second shopping mall I've lost, the other being Randhurst in Mt. Prospect.

I Don't Need to Be Spending Money Anyway. --RoadDog

No comments: