Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Trip Back to the Northwest Suburbs

Monday, August 11th, I braved all the traffic, stoplights and photo-enforced lights and drove US-12 to Memory Gardens in Arlington Heights' Illinois, and cleaned off the grass from the edges of Liz's parents' marker and put up flowers in the vase.

I then went to China Buffet near where Liz's mom Frances lived after moving from her home in Palatine, Illinois.  We used to have a China Buffet in Fox Lake, but it closed and I was wondering if this was the same one.  They had the best walnut shrimp in the world.  It wasn't, but I had a great meal anyway.

Next, I went to my favorite store anywhere around, Half Price Books, which also had records and CDs.  Like the name says, everything is cheap and all the stiff that I like.  Cost me $40 to get out of there, but got some good stuff.

Then, I stopped at White Castle on Dundee Road and bought ten sliders to take home.

It seems that every other stoplight in Lake Zurich on US-12, is waiting to take that $100 out of your pocket.  They should change their welcome sign to "Welcome to Lake Zurich, the Village With a Photo-Enforced Heart!"

Stopped at Thompson's Nursery in Volo and then went out for some boating on Fox Lake.

Not a Bad Monday.  --RoadDog






No comments: