Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

High School Football Again: Richmond-Burton Routs Chicago's Roosevelt

I always enjoy going to the local high schools to watch football games this time of the year.  Last night, our local high school, Richmond-Burton Rockets, opened their season against Chicago's Roosevelt Rough Riders.

I figure, I give enough money through property taxes to the school that I ought to get some enjoyment.

This is the second straight year that we opened against Roosevelt, which is coached by a former Richmond-Burton grad and Spring Grove resident.  And, this was the second-straight blow-out for our guys.

The score at the end of the first quarter was 35-0 and 42-0 at half.  Surprisingly, Roosevelt received the ball at the beginning of the third quarter and held onto it for all 12 minutes, but did not score.  I left with R-B having a 42-0 lead early in the 4th.

It was sad to see Roosevelt only had about ten fans and no cheerleaders.  I found out that last year they were 3-6 and the year before 6-2.

--RoadDog


No comments: