Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Busy Weekend As Well

FRIDAY, AUGUST 8TH:  We drove to K.C.'s Cabin for breakfast and then to Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, where we saw a movie.  Then we went to Glenn and Barb's on Mineola Bay, Fox lake, and got together with the Usual Suspects for happy hour.  Stopped at the Legion on the way back.

SATURDAY, AUGUST 9TH:  I went to the Round lake Area Library for the dedication of the Linda Kaufmann Meeting Room in honor of the 35 years she put into the library board.  She was a member when I was with it.  She passed away earlier this year.

I am a friend of her husband, Lisle, who was the pastor at Cavalry Presbyterian Church in Round Lake for many years.  I have been up in his plane on several occasions and when I was deejaying, we often worked together when he officiated the weddings.  I had his son in seventh grade.  Lisle, Jr., now has his PH.d and is a two-time Fullbright Award winner.  He is leaving for a second stint teaching in the Ukraine in September.  I know I sure wouldn't want to go to that troubled area.

In the afternoon, we went to the American legion customer appreciation party and enjoyed a pig roast, corn on the cob and an excellent country band called Joe Powers and the Outlaw Country band.

--RoadDog


SIGNS OF OLD AGE:  You keep repeating, repeating, repeating yourself.

No comments: