Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Boomer Radio Vintage Rock

Just sitting here typin' away with my two little fingers and listnin' to Vintage Rock on Boomer Radio over the internet.

Great music from the 60s and 70s, my prime time.  And they not only play the old familiars, but also ones I've never even heard before, but the feel is there.

Since I've been listening:

THE RUMOR--  Band
THE WIND--  Circus Maximus (never even heard of them before)
ALL DAY AND ALL OF THE NIGHT--  Kinks
THEM CHANGES--  Buddy Miles

CRY BABY--  Janis Joplin
WHEN YOU'RE A FREE MAN--  Moody Blues
SIT DOWN I THINK I LOVE YOU--  Buffalo Springfield
BEING FOR THE BENEFIT OF MR. KITE--  Beatles

TRUCKIN'--  Grateful Dead
CHRISTINE'S TUNE--  Flying Burrito Brothers
THE WIND CRIES MARY--  Jimi Hendrix
MY DAYS ARE NUMBERED--  Blood, Sweat & Tears

BORN IN CHICAGO--  Paul Butterfield Blues Band
I FEEL FREE--  Cream
GLAD TIDINGS--  Van Morrison
SHAPES OF THINGS TO COME--  Max Frost & the Troopers

FRESH AIR--  Quick Silver Messenger Service  (I can never guess the name of this song.  I always think it should be "Have Another Hit."
GIMME SHELTER--  Rolling Stones
THE ACID QUEEN--  Who
THE BELLS OF RHYMNEY--  Byrds

POWER FAILURE--  Procul Harum
KASHMIR--  Led Zeppelin
OUTSIDE OF A SMALL CIRCLE OF FRIENDS--  Phil Ochs (One of the most interesting songs I've ever heard.  Before today, I never heard it.
MY FRIEND--  Steve Miller Band

KILLING FLOOR--  Electric Flag
HOW DO YOU FEEL--  Jefferson Airplane
FUNK #49--  James Gang
BLUES THEME--  David Allan & the Arrows

IF NOT FOR YOU--  George Harrison  (Doing his best Dylan imitation.  That's who I thought it was at first.)
WHEN YOU'RE STRANGE--  Doors
SPACE ODDITY--  David Bowie
SWEET HITCHHIKER--  CCR

Give It a Listen.  --RoadDog


SIGNS OF OLD AGE:    You send money top PBS.

No comments: