Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Back Home Again-- Part 1

I was gone for 12 days, driving the usual route: Illinois 47, I-74, I-70, US-33, I-77, US-52, I-40 and US-70 to Goldsboro, North Carolina.  Spent the first night in Richmond, Indiana.

I have never seen as much road construction as there was this trip.  And everywhere, there were warnings of unbelievably dire consequences if you didn't drive the lowered speed limit.

The second day of driving, I stopped in Mt. Airy, NC, and had some Lexington BBQ (western Carolina-style bbq as opposed to eastern Carolina).  Personally, I like both kinds, but don't tell my family.

Made it to Goldsboro that night after driving 650 miles.

Road Work Ahead!!  --RoadDog

No comments: