Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Camp Douglas SCV Meeting Today

I am a member of the Camp Douglas Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) located here in the Chicago area.  It is the first SCV camp in Illinois, founded back in the 1980s by Andy Wilson.  I was a charter member.  The name comes from the infamous Union prison camp in Chicago where more than 6,000 Confederates died.

The number of the camp was changed to reflect another previous Chicago SCV camp that had been extinct for many years.

A big problem with having a camp here in northeast Illinois is the large area the camp covers, making for some really long drives.  Nowadays, the camp has alternating meeting sites with the one closest to me in Des Plaines, Illinois, about 40 miles away.

I usually don't go because of the distance and city driving (and the gas prices).  But, because gas is considerably cheaper (but rising) I plan on going today.

I am also a member of the Sons of the American Legion of the Chain of Lakes Post 703 here in Fox Lake.

A real Son For Ya.  --RoadDog

No comments: