Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Flashback to 1986: That Super Bowl Shufflin' Year-- Part 1

Wendy Rice's "Saturday Morning Flashback" show on Chicago's WXRT, 93.1 FM is to 1986.  A year that kicked off with the only REAL Super Bowl we've had, Super Bowl XX with Mike Ditka and the boys marching to Bear glory, such a far cry from today's mess.

It streams at www.wxrt.com and goes to noon, CST.

Songs played so far:

MEMPHIS THING--  Rob Jungklas
RIGHT NEXT DOOR--  Robert Cray  (One of my favorite songs off that great Strong Persuader album)
MISSIONARY MAN-- Eurythmics
CARDBOARD BOXES--  Loudon Wainwright III

WILD WILD LIFE--  Talking Heads
BRILLIANT MISTAKE--  Elvis Costello
I KNOW WHAT I KNOW--  Paul Simon
IT'S IN THE WAY THAT YOU USE IT--  Eric Clapton

DEAR GOD--  XTC
GUITAR TOWN--  Steve Earle  (Another favorite)
I TOUCH ROSES--  Book of Love
KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF--  Georgia Satellites  (Also a favorite)

I STILL BELIEVE--  Call
RAT IN THE KITCHEN--  UB40

Give It a Listen.  --RoadDog


DOLDEN YEARS BUMPER STICKERS:  I was always taught to respect my elders.  Now I don't have anyone to respect.



No comments: